Facebook is releasing a new feature that allows you to set a seven second, gif-like looping video as your profile picture, the company announced recently.The new feature is going to be rolled out slowly according to Facebook, so you might not get it straight away. The company also said that it will arrive with iPhone users first, and then eventually Android users.
Here’s our five-step guide to setting your Facebook profile picture to a video:
1. Open up the Facebook app on your iPhone.
2. Select the ‘More’ button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. The first thing on the list that appears will be your name. Tap it to go to your profile.
4. Tap your profile picture that is currently selected. In the menu that appears, you’ll either see the option to ‘Take a New Profile Video,’ or ‘coming soon.’
5. If you’ve got the option, you can go ahead and record a short video to use as your profile video, or upload one you’ve already taken.
And that’s it. We look forward to seeing all the creative ways you’ll use the new feature!